Tax is one of the most complicated areas of the Greek legal system – and therefore one of the most challenging for any business with Greek operations. Substantially amended in recent years – with even more reform planned in the near future – Greece is seeking to simplify existing legislation, attract foreign investors and reshape the relationship of taxpayers with the tax authorities.
Our Tax Law practice, has substantial experience in both local and international taxation. We possess the expertise to advise domestic and international clients alike on both inbound and outbound transactions with the aim of maximising their tax efficiency and enhancing their tax position.
Andersen Tax, our affiliated company of tax consultants and accountants, gives us a unique edge over our competitors and gives our clients yet another tool at their disposal.
We proactively monitor all significant developments in the field of international tax and in Greece’s rapidly evolving tax law. We believe that to provide our clients with the highest possible quality advice we must understand their business first. We do not just provide stock answers: we identify our clients’ goals, help them mitigate tax risk and shape their strategy, navigating them safely through the increasingly sophisticated tax regulations.
We have vast experience in a variety of international and EU tax law mandates such as implementation of double tax treaties, cross-border M&A and international tax structuring.
Our expertise includes:
- Corporate Taxation, M&A, Tax Incentives
- EU and International Tax
- Transfer Pricing and Advance Pricing Agreements
- Tax Due Diligence
- VAT and Indirect taxes
- Real Estate Tax
- Capital Gains Tax
- Tax Litigation
- Administrative Representation in Disputes and Tax Audits
- High Net Worth Individual and Wealth Taxation
- Employment Taxation and Executive Remuneration
- Taxation of non-residents
- Tax Restructuring
- Issues regarding the Code of Tax Recording of Transactions
- Inheritance taxation and generational tax planning
- Donation and Parental Gifts Taxes
- Issues regarding the Code of Tax Procedures