(+30) 2130 311137
Martha’s main specialization is corporate tax, focusing on tax planning, interpretation of tax treaties for the avoidance of double taxation and indirect taxation (VAT, stamp duty, other withholding taxes).
Martha also specializes in the taxation of international transactions (direct and indirect taxation) and has extensive experience, among others, in permanent establishment issues, business restructurings, mergers and acquisitions. She also has extensive experience in the establishment of foreign subsidiaries/branches, taxation of immovable property, tax consequences of cross border transactions as well as tax treatment of international transactions from a VAT point of view. Martha deals with the drafting and filing of appeals related to direct and indirect taxation issues, as well as representation of corporate clients before the Administrative Courts of Athens.
Prior to joining the firm, Martha worked at KPMG for more than 16 years and was a Senior Manager with specialization in business taxation and tax planning of international transactions.
- Law Degree, University of Athens, School of Law
- Master (LLM) in International Commercial Law, Canterbury Kent, UK
- Postgraduate diplo1ma in Taxation Law, Athens Economic University
- Member of the Athens Bar Association
- Member of the Association of Commercial Law Lawyers
- Recommended Lawyer for Tax by “The Legal 500”
Legal 500 EMEA – 2018 Edition
“Martha Papasotiriou is a very experienced and results oriented tax lawyer”
Legal 500 EMEA – 2017 Edition
“Martha Papasotiriou is very experienced”